Golden retrievers are great dogs that can learn very well. When you want to train a golden retriever, it is always good to know the best commands you should teach. Golden retriever commands are typically normal commands that apply for other breeds also.
You should keep in mind that golden retrievers love to play with toys. If you use a ball in the same way, they will use it just the same. If you want to train golden retrievers to learn some toy commands, make it fun because they would really enjoy it. Make it fun to them, they love it, but do not just put a toy in front of them and let them play with it. If you use this way they would have a difficult time responding to you.
Instead of a toy, you should make them sit and stay in order to get a click. So you should put a toy in your hand and tell them to wait. When they would stand up and await the toy, click and reward them for their patience.
When you want to train golden retrievers to be calm, you should use a sit and wait command to get their attention. With a sit and wait command, they should respond positively to the toy and reward them with a treat.
When you want to train them to do a recall, you should make them sit and wait for you when you call them to come. When they would respond, click and reward them with a treat. When you want to train them to come on cue, you should train them to sit and wait on cue.
You should keep in mind that golden retrievers are bred to retrieve game birds. A golden retriever is bred to hunt game birds and should be trained to hunt as well. You should train them to be calm and couragous with nothing left of the food. Keep in mind that they love to play. Make it fun and they will love it. But you should make it fun for them and they will love it.
Now let’s take a look at how to train your dog to understand simple sit and stay commands and how to train them to respond with a click and reward:
1. First, you should know how to control your dog. You should have enough control to control their attention when you make a click and reward. And once they do as you command, you should let them know with a treat. So you should have a treat in your hand and when they would do as you command, click and give him a treat.
2. Golden retrievers respond to click and treat. So you should keep clicking and rewarding them with the treat until they do as you want.
3. When you make a click and treat, it should be the first click and treat of the day. So if you make a click and treat every two hours, they should respond to it every three hours.
4. To train them to sit and stay, you should keep clicking and rewarding them every time they follow your command. So you should make them sit or stay after every command. And you should keep rewarding them every time they follow your command every time they follow your command properly.
5. Golden retrievers are good with calm commands. So you should use a calm voice when making your click and treats. And keep your commands simple and calm. And whenever you do make your click and treat, you should keep your command calm and simple. And you should make them listen to your command calmly.
6. Once your puppy responds to your command, you should praise them and let them know that they did good. So you should always keep it happy and keep it to a minimum. And you should only do it when they are listening to you. And before you ask them for a command, you should only ask them for a thing that they are good at. And you should let them know that you will take it away if they get old or not good at their job.
7. To train them not to chase cars, you should give them small treats, and then it should be every time you see them chasing a car. And keep rewarding them for not chasing cars.
And lastly, you should not use loud or long clicks. It should be a soft and fast click. And you should always use click and reward. And when you train them, you should always keep it short and simple. And never make it long.
And as you can see, Golden retrievers can make very fast and effective progress. And they are the perfect breed for retrieving games. And once you start training them, they will make you successful in retrieving games. And this is the perfect breed for this because they are very fast and can catch your prey as soon as you give the command to chase. And you should never forget to keep them around for these games.